Cyber Civics is the most comprehensive digital literacy curriculum for middle school you'll find. 75+ engaging turnkey lessons plus hands-on activities teach digital citizenship, information literacy and media literacy.
Our award-winning and standards-aligned curriculum helps youth become ethical, safe, and productive digital citizens.
Created in the classroom by teachers. Loved by homeschoolers too.
TURNKEY, TESTED, TRUSTED!
10 REASONS TO TEACH CYBER CIVICS
1. 75+ turnkey, hands-on lessons teach digital citizenship, information literacy, and media literacy.
2. Lessons are sequential and developmentally-appropriate, so they make sense to students.
3. Created and used by teachers in 49 US states (and internationally) for over a decade. Launched in a Waldorf school classroom.
4. Happy clients! School renewal rate is 98%.
5. Teachers access lesson plans, slides w/embedded original videos, student packets, parent letters with home activities, and more from their own online portal, materials constantly updated.
6. Meets the Common Core ELA Standards, ISTE Technology Standards for Students, and CASEL Core SEL Competencies (see our alignments).
7. Students learn how to protect themselves from online harms.
8. Reduces administrative time spent on social media issues.
9. Engages entire community with at-home activities for families.
10. Creates a school community supportive of positive digital skills and norms.
Shaheer Faltas, School Administrator, in "Cyber Civics: Building a Brighter Digital Future One School At A Time"
In six years we haven’t had a single episode of cyberbullying or any incident related to digital drama. It’s a gamble not to teach this.
Curious about us? If you missed our recent webinar, it is available on on-demand. Simply register to watch and:
Discover how digital citizenship, information literacy, and media literacy fall under the digital literacy umbrella.
Determine if a digital literacy curriculum meets the "four pillars of learning framework" and ELA, Tech Standards, plus CASEL SEL Competencies.
Receive lesson plans, slides and student packets to test run with your own students.
Earn a Certificate of Completion.
WE'RE ALL OVER THE NEWS:
See All Our Press
THERE'S A BOOK ABOUT US TOO:
Check out "Raising Humans in a Digital World: Helping Kids Build a Healthy Relationship with Technology" by Cyber Civics founder Diana Graber.
SCHOOLS/ORGANIZATIONS ACROSS THE U.S. & INTERNATIONALLY TEACH CYBER CIVICS
WATCH US ON THE TODAY SHOW
WATCH ONE OF OUR STUDENT VIDEOS
Kelly Wallace, CNN, in "5 Things To Think About Before Buying Your Child a Cell Phone"
If a Cyber Civics or digital literacy class is offered in your school or community, sign the kids up.
Kristi Robinson, Teacher, Sierra Waldorf School (read all our testimonials)
It’s all so easy to navigate, while also being extremely comprehensive... this is without a doubt the piece of the curriculum they are all the most grateful for.
Sheila Reilly, Former Administrator, Woodland Star Charter School (read all our testimonials)
Cyber Civics is the best digital media literacy curriculum I've seen yet as it is developmentally based and creative.
Erin McNeill, President of Media Literacy Now in "Even 'Digital Natives' Need Digital Training," in Education Week
We know that digital-citizenship education works. Journey School in Aliso Viejo, a small Southern California city (where Cyber Civics was born), is an example of a digital-citizenship success story.